Senior Software Engineer II - Sr Architect - Risk Engineering
We are looking for skilled & motivated Senior Software Engineer to help build core components of the Knowledge and Decision Platform (KDP) at Uber that powers areas like Risk, Safety and more. The technology you build will allow us to create a turn-key platform that will fuel growth at Uber via many applications as we move real people and things, in 450+ cities across the world. In this role, you will be building distributed infrastructure and services serving ML based decisions at Uber scale for critical business functions where high availability and reliability are not metrics but core requirements.
You will also get to work on systems that detect and mine anomalies in petabytes of data flowing through our systems and surfacing insights and actions that form a strong feedback loop to improve ML models and highly sophisticated decision predicates. This is a very high impact role where you will interface with all major infrastructure teams at Uber.
Does this sound exciting to you? Are you a tested team player, strategic thinker and executor? We want to hear from you.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- 12+ years experience designing, implementing large scale distributed systems (serving 5K+ QPS, participating in 100M+ in transactions)
- Advanced, inside-out knowledge of multiple programming languages, data store systems and message queue. We use programming languages like Go, , Python, data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis and MQs like Kafka- Any programming language is fine.
- Deep, industry leading expertise in one or more technology domains and are the "-to" person for one or more areas of their business.
- A track record of building large-scale, highly-available systems that solve complex, organizational level business problems.
- Experienced and hands-on understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter/cloud architectures.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering best practices like coding, testing or monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Passionate about helping teams grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber