Product Manager - Uber Eats - Merchant Performance
About the role
The Uber Eats team is dedicated to the local delivery of everything. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's best-loved restaurants, grocers, and other merchants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one delivery at a time.
As the Product Manager on Merchant Performance, you will oversee how merchants can get the insights, data, tools, and motivation that will help them become more efficient, attract new business and serve their existing customers better. This can be done in a variety of ways -- through AI-powered recommendations on ways to improve their business, self-serve portal and downloadable reports for deep analysis, human-aided account management, and structural motivations (e.g., our best merchants get the Top Eats badge). You will end-to-end own the product vision and execution for upleveling merchant quality on Eats, partnering with the consumer side of Eats, and working with broad functional colleagues across sales, operations, data science, design and engineering to achieve your vision.
What you'll do
The world of merchant performance is complex and ever-expanding, especially as Uber Eats expands from restaurants to on-demand delivery of anything and everything. This is a representative sampling of the problem areas you might be tackling on the team:
- Insights & recommendations: How might Uber generate, prioritize, and deliver insights & recommendations that merchants can use to improve their business on Eats and beyond? How might we make this personalized, right time, right medium, and actionable? Most importantly, how do we ensure the recommendation, if followed, will be good for the merchant?
- Foundational analytics: If insights focus on where the merchant business could go, foundational analytics focus on helping merchants understand their current business. How might we make that comprehension as useful and easy as possible for merchants of all sizes/sophistications and verticals?
- Structural motivations: Better merchants lead to better consumer value propositions and experiences. How might we supercharge this win-win dynamic in a structural way (e.g., incentives and constructive nudges)?
- (Long-term) Merchant experience platform: Tackling the above opportunities will require deep empathy for merchant persona/mental models and building mediums and surfaces for merchants to consume information from Uber. Long-term, these mediums and surfaces could be platformized to empower all teams at Uber to make their contents available to merchant users.
You'll craft a set of product vision for the above opportunities, manage a roadmap, and execute on them with your dedicated engineering team and various partnering colleagues to deliver value to our merchants and help raise their performance. Over time, you'll provide increasing thought leadership on all things merchant performance and how Uber communicates to merchants.
- Minimum 4 years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every single part of the food-making process.
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems.
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the products you work on.
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Prior B2B experience.
- Prior Analytics PM experience.
- Prior ads and/or social media experience (which you want to apply to help shape B2B behaviors).
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber