We are looking for a multifaceted Counsel to cover our Southern Europe operations with a focus on our Delivery business in Portugal, to be based in Lisbon while working in close collaboration with colleagues from across the globe. You will be part of the Western and Southern Europe legal team, reporting into the lead counsel for Southern Europe.
What you'll do
- Advise on a broad range of legal, commercial, and regulatory issues related to Delivery and Mobility in ways that are practical, commercially focussed, and future thinking;
- Draft and negotiate key strategic contracts with restaurant and delivery partners;
- Collaborate closely with outside counsel and attend hearings;
- Provide product counseling for our fast-paced product team;
- Advise our marketing team on award-winning campaigns and initiatives;
- Work closely with our Employment, Policy, Tax, Communications, Safety and Operations teams to support regulatory engagement, strategic projects and to refine and shape business operations;
- This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times;
- Be a partner to the BD, marketing, and Uber for Business teams on contracts.
- Work hard but have fun doing it!
What you need
- Passion for innovation and the law;
- Circa 5+ years PQE in an international law firm or in the legal team of a global media or technology company;
- Experience working in an industry that is heavily regulated such as e-commerce, technology, FinTech, or transportation is preferred;
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (any other Latin language a bonus!);
- Based in Lisbon;
- Excellent legal and business judgment, communication, interpersonal skills, and a streamlined writing style;
- Proven record of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and advising on a range of legal, commercial, and regulatory issues;
- Proven efficiency operating in complex organizational environments with strong stakeholder management skills and self-starter qualities;
- This is not your typical in-house role; it is a dynamic, fast-paced environment and needs a candidate who is agile and able to prioritize multiple projects, re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs, and be a pro-active solution-driven lawyer that thrives in high impact/high profile situations.
- Personal qualities: steadfast, teammate, creative, and + low ego!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber