About the Role
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team that is integral to a company engaged in cutting edge technology and focused on solving some of the biggest modern day challenges - including connecting people with the products they need.
As a result of the recent spike in demand for Delivery as accelerated by the current pandemic, we are searching for a dynamic Legal Counsel to join the Legal Team in Paris and be responsible for supporting the launch of high impact growth initiatives in our expanding Delivery business in France, innovating far beyond the traditional delivery of meals and, more recently, groceries.
What You'll Do
- Working cross-functionally with colleagues from across the globe, you will be part of the Western and Southern Europe legal team, reporting into the lead counsel for France.
- Advise on a broad range of legal, commercial and regulatory issues related to Delivery in ways that are practical, commercially-focused and future thinking;
- Draft and negotiate key strategic contracts for the Delivery business;
- Provide product counselling for our fast-moving product team;
- Advise our marketing team on award winning campaigns and initiatives;
- Work closely with our Policy, Tax, Communications, Safety and Operations teams to support regulatory engagement, strategic projects and to refine and shape business operations;
- This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
What You'll Need
- Enthusiasm for Uber;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an international law firm or in the legal team of a global media or technology company;
- Experience working in a category which is heavily regulated such as e-commerce, technology, fintech or transportation is preferred;
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational environments with strong stakeholder management skills and self-starter qualities;
- This is not your typical in-house role; it is a dynamic, fast-paced environment and needs a candidate who is agile and able to juggle multiple projects, re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs, and thrive in high impact/high profile situations;
- Personal qualities: fierce, team player, creative and engaged + humble!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber