Sr. Strategic Operations Manager - Safety, Risk, and Compliance - UberEats
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for a leader who can take charge of the Safety, Risk, and Compliance team across Japan to ensure that we are the most safe and trusted delivery platform by our users, restaurant partners, and delivery partners. This role calls for a combination of operational skills to get great work done, innovative and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team of people. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, and thrive in startup culture. We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users, partner restaurants, and partner drivers are able to experience the magic of Uber Eats. Strategic Operations Manager (Safety, Risk, and Compliance) is a critical role that will own the strategy to scale an efficient, fast, safe and compliant set of operations for all three sides of marketplace and external stakeholders.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- As a team lead, you will contribute to shape the Safety, Risk, and Compliance strategy in Japan, and lead safety and compliance projects to build trust with customers and enable business growth for Uber Eats.
- Use your analytical ability combined with operational rigour to build tools and processes that your team can use to drive forward partnership KPIs.
- Take big picture ideas and projects and break them into actionable steps with rapid timelines for completion.
- Work hand in hand with our Regional Operations Team to ensure scalable processes are automated, systematized or centralized.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the entire Uber Eats organization.
- Minimum 5 year relevant experience in a fast-growing environment. Proven experience in business management in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business acumen through analytical thinking to assess process performance and financial viability.
- Experience collaborating directly with internal senior leadership.
- Ability to build strong relationships with external partners as well as internal stakeholders.
- Experience leading and developing a team.
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel without compromising the quality of deliverables. Flexible self-starter, comfortable with changes.
- Native-level in Japanese or bilingual proficiency is required (English and Japanese).
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber