About the Role
Uber Payments BV (UPBV) is Uber's payments subsidiary in the EU processing all of Uber's payments in the EU (EEA) under a licence from the Dutch Central Bank. As a licensed financial institution Uber Payments BV has stringent compliance obligations and this role is essential for ensuring that these are met.
The UPBV Risk Team is part of Uber Payments BV's second line of defence and is responsible for identifying and managing risks within UPBVs risk appetite. The Risk Team is supported by and supports initiatives of the larger Uber Group. Co-operation with several Uber Technology Inc (UTI) and Uber B.V. (UBV) key teams is crucial.
As a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the risk management team of Uber Payments BV to identify, assess and mitigate regulatory, operational and strategic risk. In this role you will assist informed decision making by providing clarity into these risk exposures, while also focusing on embedding risk processes within the day-to-day business operations. Successful risk management requires dynamic individuals who are able to liaise with various partners and foster collaboration, integrate perspectives and aim to business beneficial outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Execute risk processes for Uber Payments BV according to the risk annual plan, including the SIRA
- Facilitate risk processes concerning change, both internal (e.g. new products) and external (new regulations)
- Facilitate risk reporting processes for Uber Payments BV
- Work closely together and build sustainable relationships with various control functions (Compliance, Information Security etc) to improve risk management processes
- Provide guidance and support to various (control) functions in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment, support the business in achieving objectives and ensure overall compliance with regulatory requirements
- Execute control testing according to the internal control plan, monitor and report on control design, implementation and operational effectiveness
- Assist the development and maturing of the various risk framework elements such as policies, standard operating procedures, risk appetite statement etc
- Assist with documenting critical processes of Uber Payments BV and with capturing changes from relevant process owners
- Support the incident management and reporting framework of Uber Payments BV by maintaining the incident registry and following up on lessons learned with the organisation
- Execute the business continuity program of Uber Payments BV
- Assist the Risk team providing training to ensure adequate level of risk culture and awareness
- 5+ years of operational experience in Risk Management or Internal/External audit in a (payment/financial) organisation
- Strong understanding of risk concepts
- Able to inspire change and solution oriented
- Independent & autonomous, while still a strong teammate
- Strong sense of integrity
- Great communicator, quick problem solver and confident in decision making
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- Exposure to a dynamic and agile environment
- Exposure to financial technology
- Experience working in a regulated financial environment
- Experience working with product and engineering teams in a technology set up
- IT certificates (CISM, CISSP)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion! We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber