Head of New Business
About the Role
Uber Eats Taiwan is a strategically important and successful market for UberEats globally. The Marketplace team reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for setting the strategy for each side of the marketplace (consumers, merchants, and delivery partners), launching new products and capabilities, and driving the growth and profitability for the business.
We are recruiting to incubate, launch and scale new offerings to the Taiwan market, the role will manage all aspects of new offerings in Taiwan, including pilot, growth and scaling strategies, investment decisions, managing product roll-out and resources, setting up sales engagement models, and leveraging demand levers to grow and more.
This role will be based in Taipei. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment while able to engage multiple stakeholders to drive business results. We are looking for a passionate and committed Senior Operations Manager to join the marketplace team and enable our platform through its next phase of growth and profit optimization.
What You'll Be:
- A strategic partner to the Head of Marketplace to incubate, accelerate, and scale new business.
- Accountable for driving various commercial results.
- An important cross-functional influential partner to the many teams that do not directly sit in the same team as you, but are critical to the successful execution of your plan, including Sales, Sales Operations, Account Management, Delivery Partners, Consumers, Marketing, team on the Uber rides part of business and many more
- A visible and vocal influential champion for our customers and stakeholders.
- A competent, decisive, and optimistic team player with potential to be a future leader of the new business team that can rally many teams and stakeholders to achieve a shared vision.
What You'll Do
The candidate will have the chance to be involved in all or partial aspects of below based on the candidate's past experience and seniority:
- Build go-to-market and scaling strategies to drive cross-functional teams to work towards our goals.
- Define bespoke pricing principles and guardrails to balance sustainable business growth.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive awareness and growth initiatives
- Segment and prioritize opportunities
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth customer engagement including aspects like legal, technical, customer support and insight sharing.
- Initiate and program manage cross-functional initiatives based on the stage of business, including
- Actively maintain communications with a broad stakeholder base.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years work experience, including time spent in strategic and operational roles, supported by a history of delivering clear results.
- Strong track record of engaging and influencing cross-functional teams and evidence of successful complex stakeholder management across a variety of functions.
- An strategic and analytical mindset
- Not afraid of technical knowledges and external partner facing activities
- An appetite for taking smart risks in a fast-moving, competitive, and often ambiguous environment.
- Pure hustle and passion for building a new consumer business in a competitive market.
- Able to collaborate and a willingness to listen and learn.
- A team player who doesn't mind rolling up your sleeves to do the day-to-day work.
- Traditional Mandarin fluency, reading, written, and spoken.
- English Fluency, reading, written and spoken.
- DaaS/SaaS industry is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber