Staff Accountant, Intercompany
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant on the Global Intercompany Team to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes. You will become a subject matter expert in multiple entity structuring, transfer pricing, intercompany, and onshoring. You will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You should work well in a dynamic environment, be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and prioritize and deliver on tasks at hand.
What You'll Do
- Prepare intercompany journal entries for month-end close
- Provide support in inputting requirements for onshoring of new products and international launches
- Perform UAT on system implementation of revenue transactional intercompany subledger
- Be a key user of the in-house developed Uber Intercompany Subledger and perform UAT on enhancements
- Gain exposure to local GAAP and statutory requirements
- Review reconciliation of intercompany accounts performed by the GBS team
- Coordinate with Treasury and AP to settle intercompany balances in accordance with the IC agreements
- Perform analysis on the effects of foreign exchange to the P&L and balance sheet
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ year of professional experience
- 2 years working experience knowledge of accounting practices related to GL, business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills
- A foundational understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax and reporting processes and requirements in an international environment
- Individual should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
- Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management experience is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel)
- Preferred Big 4 audit experience with multinational engagements
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber