Marketplace Operations Manager - Programme Management, Uber Eats - UK&I
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Marketplace team empowers our regional and local teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership.
About the Role:
The Marketplace Operations team tackles some of the region's most complex problems. Projects require creative problem-solving, data-driven decision making and the ability to independently surface insights that lead to high-impact solutions. This is the team for a tenacious truth-seeker, who is excited to solve Uber Eats toughest problems, possesses exceptional analytical and stakeholder management skills, attention to detail and a desire to contribute to projects at a global scale.
We're looking for two Operations Managers to handle and scale the end-to-end operations behind our latest growth bets. The role is responsible for designing and implementing region-wide strategies, and managing business-critical processes. This role will require you to drive product launches, structure experiments and manage an ever-changing product suite. You will also surface insights and produce recommendations to improve existing or develop new processes and products. This is not a one-person task though, and as a Programme Manager, you will collaborate with other local and regional operations teams, as well as global product stakeholders, to turn your recommendations into reality.
What You'll Do:
- Own and iterate on existing, or design and implement new, core operations processes that improve consumer, couriers and merchants experience
- Proactively surface opportunities to drive operational excellence and implement and execute processes and product features to capitalise on these opportunities
- Examine issues and opportunities in great detail, and use data and insights to recommend sound business decisions, and design mitigation plans in the event that the business is adversely impacted
- Work with a diverse group of stakeholders and champion our local needs with them
- Build detailed and transparent execution plans and ensure projects continue moving to their completion despite ambiguous conditions and tight deadlines
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Business Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, or equivalent
- Minimum 3-4 years of proven experience within an Operations position, having managed stakeholders and demonstrated an ability to adapt to a fast-moving working environment
- Robust data analytics and technical skills:
- SQL experience - you can build complex tables & queries
- Advanced spreadsheet modelling experience
- A passion for solving ambiguous and complex problems
- Ability to translate complex analytics into clear, concise and actionable communications
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber