Associate / Senior Associate, Freight Finance
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Strategic Finance team providex comprehensive financial insight into the business through regional and functional business partnering, forecasting and budgets, and pricing and incentives.
About the Role
In this role, you will be supporting a high growth area of our business and be in a unique position with visibility into the overall global portfolio, allowing you to reach insights others might not be able to make. In addition to driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, you will have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions. So if you are ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
Uber Freight is building a better future for shipping. We believe that when shippers and carriers have the freedom to move together, the entire industry moves ahead. The Freight Finance team partners closely with Sales, Operations, Business Development, Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to drive efficient growth, launch new products, and find operating efficiencies across Uber's global footprint. In this role, you will focus on Uber Freight's expansion product offerings (product + geo-based) that differentiate itself from standard brokers, while focusing on the financial impact that has for Uber Freight. This role is a unique blend of finance and strategy, with heavy exposure to both operations and product.
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships: work closely with company leaders across operations, product, and support functions who cross-functionally focus on shipment logistics
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to drive decision making related to Uber Freight's expansion products and services
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and go deep to understand nuances between different business segments
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Drive projects related to competitive benchmarking, evaluating long-term opportunities, and deal support
- Present effectively in executive level meetings
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new skill sets
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance/Economics or related field
- 1.5+years of experience
- TM1 and/or SQL experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Ability to juggle - we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who has the capability to successfully multitask
- Standout colleague - this is a highly collaborative and encouraging team environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber