Senior Strategy & Operations Manager (Delivery Partner Special Projects)
About the Role
Uber Eats Japan is looking for a highly strategic Senior Strategy & Operations Manager who will drive new projects and partnerships to further grow our delivery partner base. With Delivery Partners being the lifeblood of the Uber Eats business, this is a very critical role as it will require you to be both strategic and executional in finding new opportunities and business partners.
The Senior Strategy & Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on one of Uber Eats' fastest growing markets. This role calls for creative problem-solving, strategic thinking, stakeholder management, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to find and build partnerships and work alongside teams such as Operations, Business Development, Marketing, Policy, among others covering the entire Japan market.
What You'll Do
- You will be in charge of identifying opportunities to grow and maintain a healthy delivery partner base in the market through new strategic cross-functional projects or business partners. This includes high-level discussions with national fleet partners or making deals to provide rewards to our current delivery partners, among others.
- You will set the overall strategy of prioritizing and approaching potential partners to maintain a healthy delivery partner base through industry analysis and research.
- You will conduct analysis and project management on the partnerships made in order to ensure that OKRs are met.
- You will manage the day to day working relationship with selected strategic partners.
- You will influence both internal and external stakeholders and collaborate across a wide variety of functions and levels.
What the Candidate Will Need
- 6-8 years relevant experience in a fast-growing environment with experience relating to most of the following: operations, business development, sales, account management, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Ability to discover user insights based on qualitative and quantitative analysis, turning insights into strategies, and drive executions in a scalable and efficient way.
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel without compromising the quality of deliverables.
- Flexible self-starter, comfortable with changes.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills in both Japanese and English (Native level fluency in Japanese is huge plus)
- SQL knowledge is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber