Media Production Specialist
About the team
Uber's People & Organization Development team drives the continued growth of Uber by giving employees the tools and experiences needed to do their best work. We use data to create impactful experiences that enable high-performing people and teams. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture by creating scalable, accessible, social learning. But perhaps most important, we apply a user-focused design approach to everything we do--and we always put people first. Because we understand that, ultimately, it's the people who will drive Uber's continued success.
About the role
You'll use your media production and project management abilities to create dynamic learning and People experiences that reach thousands of employees around the world, from new employees to seasoned managers. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where priorities and deadlines only inspire you to find creative, informed, and innovative media solutions to business problems. Your product mentality means you're comfortable seeking out user feedback, using agile development strategies, and consider experimentation a norm to create and produce relevant media for all of the team's learning and organization development products.
What you'll do
- Assist product owners and instructional designers in ideating, designing, and developing digital media, video, animation, podcast, or other digital media content based on the needs of the learning or organization product, program, or marketing/campaign need.
- Recommend, design, and create technical, aesthetic and programmatic aspects of video, audio, and all media production assets, including pre-production, production and post-production.
- Conduct research and write scripts for media. Organize media production including scheduling, staffing, booking talent, and production coordination.
- Support, manage, and/or guide stakeholders and subject matter experts through the collaborative design process, liaising with POD program managers to ensure effective design, development, implementation, and feedback loop.
- Maintain content storage and production equipment to ensure that all facets of production are updated.
- Create learning experiences that engage and excite Uber employees while aligning with business needs, satisfying resource constraints, and delivering on intended learning and business outcomes.
- Leverage learning analytics and user feedback to recommend improvements
- Continuously bring in new approaches to video, media, and digital content asset design to recommend new approaches and/or revisions in collaboration with product owners.
- 5+ years of experience
- Submitting a portfolio of work as part of application
- 3 years experience related to multimedia production, including a strong portfolio of projects that combine film, animation, and other new media techniques in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- Hands-on post-production experience in a fast-paced environment using tools such as Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut, Avid, Motion, 2D and 3D graphic design
- Experience in audio recording and mixing using a DAW such as Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, etc.
- Motion graphics and animation video experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, deliverables, and competing priorities with a proven record of success
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners, managing input while owning and driving the development timeline forward requiring minimal supervision
- Passionate about the learner experience and how to make better; open to feedback and improving both oneself and the team
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber