Customer Specialist, C360
About the Role
C360 Customer Support Representatives handle escalated customer support issues that fall outside of the standard knowledge base (KB). They are thorough and creative problem-solvers, regularly seeking out hard-to-find answers and proposing network-wide solutions to undocumented issue types. C360 Customer Support Representatives are confident and tactful communicators, as they interact with both Uber customers and internal stakeholders daily.
What You'll Do
- Case manage and resolve complex customer support issues that have been advanced by other customer support specialists within the network
- Provide thorough, detailed customer support using various support platforms including email, chat, and phone
- Track escalated issue trends, identify root causes, report on insights, and propose process improvements to remove roadblocks and make Uber's community support more effective and efficient
- Build strong relationships and work in partnership with internal partners including program, content, and technology teams
- Make recommendations for new or improved content, both customer-facing (e.g., saved replies) and internal support facing (e.g., the KB)
- File bug reports for issues that need engineering fixes
- Save at-risk customer relationships by providing the highest level of customer service
- Reroute inappropriately escalated customer support issues to appropriate teams and provide feedback on how the issue should have been resolved at first touch
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with external and internal partners.
- Strategic problem solving - Use of multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Deep understanding and interest in the user and customer experience
- Optimism - You are motivated by a challenge, and you approach problems with a positive attitude
- Excellent organization - Optimally prioritize work to target the highest-impact issues first. Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- High flexibility - When the only constant is change, you're ready to roll with the punches
- Experience working with complex data sets
About the Team
C360 Customer Support Representatives sit within Uber's Center of Excellence (COE) in Chicago, IL. COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to Uber customers (riders, drivers, couriers, eaters, restaurants, etc.). Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, as well as to incubate support modalities and processes for new products and services. COEs pioneer how Uber manages support for customers around the globe!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber