Quality Manager, Non-Traditional
About the Role
Community Operations is groundbreaking how Uber manages support around the globe. We are looking for a Quality Assurance ((Non-Technical)) Manager to help deliver a best-in-class customer support experience to our community. The Quality Assurance Manager will be part of the US & Canada Quality Team located in Chicago, IL (225 W. Randolph St), and will supervise Quality Operations for our Non-Traditional/Freight lines of business.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be in charge of coordinating business processes to supervise the quality of our customer support functions across all of our sites, and will lead a team of quality assurance reviewers, and will work cross functionally to improve the quality of our customer support.
Time will be spent working cross functionally with the broader quality teams (regional and global), this includes: Safety and Compliance, and customer service teams to improve quality assurance metrics. This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people and operations management. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate strong skills and be eager to lead a team of equally driven talent.
What You'll Do
- Lead, empower, and develop a high performing Quality Assurance team within a time-sensitive and fast paced environment
- Find opportunities for additional training & development by gathering and reporting quality trends and knowledge gaps
- Perform root-cause analysis to understand what we can do better to improve support quality
- Guide enforcement and adherence of business policies
- Build and distribute reports to Leadership on metrics and agent performance
- Collaborate closely with the Center Of Excellence internal management teams to provide feedback on Agent Performance and coaching to increase individual performance
- Act as the source of knowledge to train, educate, and answer questions from project managers, customer service representatives (CSRs) or other partners in the organization
- At least 2 years of experience in Operations (Safety, fraud, or risk experience preferred) or in Quality Assurance
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing talent
- Proven experience managing cross-functional projects and senior stakeholders, powered by data-driven insights
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen effectively, confidently and diplomatically express opinions, and present effectively to varied audiences
- Ability to use strong analytical, data analysis, and leadership skills to quantify problems and drive solutions
- Mid-Advance Excel/Google Sheets
- Be results driven and have a get it done attitude
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Analytics focused major
- Working knowledge of R, SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Six Sigma yellow or green belt
- Has worked in a startup, building out new processes
- 2+ Years of Call Center Operations Experience
About The Team
The Quality Assurance team is dedicated to providing world-class support to customers of all Uber products. Uber relies on the Quality team to measure the consistency of our support across all languages, modalities, and issue types.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber