Senior Backend Engineer - Targeting & Segmentation
About the Team
The Targeting & Segmentation is part of Adtech/Marketing Tech org which is responsible for around 1.6 Billion dollar marketing spend every year by Uber. The Targeting & Segmentation team builds the systems that are responsible for powering personalized experiences at Uber across all lines of business. Our core system holds data about Uber's users (1B+) from multiple sources (User app data, User identity data, etc) and powers cohorting and targeting use cases. This data also powers experimentation and personalized experience use cases across all of Uber's products.
About the Role
If you are interested in making a direct impact to the company's bottom line, join the Ad Tech Targeting & Segmentation team. Uber is on track to spend 1.6 billion dollars in marketing in 2021. The Targeting & Segmentation team at Uber builds the systems that are responsible for powering personalized experiences at Uber across all lines of business. Our core platform holds data about Uber's users (1B+) and powers cohorting and targeting use cases across all Uber apps & tools fueling growth, re-engagement and monetization in the process. Help us build the software systems that will make this happen. The team is still in its early stages, so you can drive products from inception to adoption and further iterations.
What You'll Do:
- Build scalable & distributed backend systems to enable Uber to target both existing and prospective users with personalized messages
- Build Auto-ML platform to enable Uber to build intelligence ML based audiences at scale and fully automatically and seamlessly
- Build a reliable & standardized data aggregation platform which Uber apps and tooling can depend on supporting cohorting & real time use cases. Help us platformise the heck out of it!
- Build real time systems that can handle millions of TPS in sub 10ms latency
- Build targeting platform that will help us target the right kind of potential users.This involves working with datasets that are world population scale (billions of rows) in real time.
- Do challenging & exciting full stack work at big data scale (Backend, Data, Frontend) for both real time and batch data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada