Lead Digital Designer
About the Role
We're looking for a Lead Digital Designer with multi-channel creative experience across email, web, social, etc. They should be experienced in team management, cross-disciplinary coordination, creative and platform innovation, marketing technology awareness, and customer experience.
This role will entail, communicating effectively with the creative/art directors, designers, copywriters, developers, project and marketing managers. This person should be able to think beyond a single channel execution, identify new opportunities and execute on complex design & communication strategies, and lead customer-centric journey orchestration. Be prepared to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work. As a Lead Digital Designer at Uber, you'll work on multiple projects, prioritizing as needed and efficiently managing time while giving and receiving strategic and tactical direction. You'll intelligently explore the problem space with a high degree of autonomy, using the appropriate tools and levels of fidelity. Owning the design process end-to-end, moving from concept through to shipping, at multiple fidelity levels and producing handoffs to support that process! Does this sound like you?
What You'll Do
- Envision new digital-first customer experiences across omni-channel executions and compelling user journeys
- Set the visual tone and direction of channel executions and templates to build concepts and bring them to life.
- Design multi-format communications for a brand platform where ideas can work globally and scale locally
- Develop resources, guidelines, and templates that empower the global marketing team to build beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions
- Encourage and lead creative team members while also contributing in executions when necessary
- Collaborate and ideate with multidisciplinary team including copywriters, communication designers, illustrators, environments designers, brand strategists, marketing managers, and creative directors to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs
- Contribute to agency oversight and brand subject matter expertise.
- Ensure quality is high in all aspects of execution
- Develop detailed design specs for creative guidelines & production
- Identify blockers before they happen, suggest solutions to work process and systems
- Present work to creative peers and creative leadership, selling your idea with excellent presentation skills
- 5+ years working as an User Experience Designer/Art Director/Designer in a creative agency or comparable in-house agency
- Expertise in Figma and Adobe suite application
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Experience working with business and marketing partners; receiving feedback and adapting work
- Experience managing large projects; ability to design according to business and technical requirements and comfort with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Portfolio of beautiful, compelling marketing and brand oriented work that speaks to customer needs or journey-based experiences
- Experience working on a range of digital projects including responsive web pages, paid media, email templates, digital tool kits, creative technology, or customer journey-based executions
- Experience art directing on set for film and photography
- Inclusive design experience and AA accessibility compliance
- A proven understanding of typography and designing to a grid
- Expertise in digital marketing (Email, native app, SMS/push, paid social and display channels) best practices and omni/cross-channel digital marketing
- Experience in campaign creative
- User-centered design (CX, UX, UI), journey mapping, wireframing, and creative strategy
- Understand how to scale ideas for global deliverables
- Degree in design, communications, marketing; or equivalent
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber