Senior Program Manager - Uber Freight
About Uber Freight
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way Uber connects riders and drivers. The Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals bringing technologies, algorithms and lessons from Uber's core business into the $700B U.S. Transportations & Logistics industry. Comprised of Uber veterans and newcomers, we are looking for candidates who share our enthusiasm for disrupting today's toughest challenges in transportation. We are a Customer Obsessed team, and care deeply about our users, continually looking for opportunities to improve their lives through software and technology.
About Freight Tech
Freight Tech is tasked with creating the products, systems, applications that power our independent drivers, sales/operations teams, and shippers that need to transport freight across the country. For these different user segments, we create business portals, mobile applications, integrations with third-party systems, and self-learning ML models that adjust to market conditions in real-time. Most of our work is distributed via the Web and through mobile app stores, interfacing with Uber cores services and running on Uber's Compute platform.
- Fostering speed, and agility cross-functionally across Uber Freight's tech teams (engineering, product, design and data), while fostering inclusion of our Ops partners.
- Recurring program meeting with initiatives status & scheduling
- Dependency mapping, impact analysis of cross-team projects, resource planning and allocation tracking.
- Work with design, product, engineering managers to allocate team-members as required to keep projects healthy while providing individual development and career opportunities.
- Work with Freight Engineering's architecture teams' initiatives, solidifying the platform while product areas are delivering new features.
- Drive the production of recurring Freight Tech All-Hands.
- Release management and cross-team communication
- Own Freight Tech's operational rhythm (calendar) and make sure that it is clear, maintains a healthy cadence and aligns with Uber Freight's wider initiatives
- Collaborate with the Freight Tech's leadership, key stakeholders and teams to make sure that you consciously iterate and improve the operational solutions
- Own a Freight-wide gantt chart of projects linked to Epics in Jira, and ensure dependencies are shown across Design, Research, Product, and Engineering teams. Engineering progress derived from tasks completion within Jira.
- Program & Portfolio level reporting across all project management systems, and consolidation of execution and quality metrics.
- Oversee engineering velocity through big-picture tracking of Jira metrics
- Interfacing with our Strategy and Planning teams to report on reliability, execution, and determine headcount needs.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Program Manager or Technical Program Manager (TPM) in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to suggest them where best suited.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Values, humility, and servant leadership. Ability to influence in all directions, motivating people across a broad variety of job functions through relationships built on trust.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Systems Thinker: Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber