Senior Data Analyst - Uber Freight
As a Senior Data Analyst within Uber Freight's Data Science team, you will generate data insights that highlight business impact - helping drive product strategy decisions. Working alongside web-application and mobile engineers, you will collect and analyze user and workflow events - presenting findings to product and engineering managers to make data-informed (not -driven) decisions. You will own the design and execution of experiments that help business and product teams arrive at confident conclusions, even in environments where there is limited data. A strong scientific-mindset is required, alongside technical, statistical and analytical skills to develop and test hypotheses.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field - engineering, economics, statistics or similar
- 5+ years of analytics or data science experience in a product development environment
- Experience mentoring and developing other team members
- Demonstrable experience teaching or explaining technical results or concepts to less technical audiences
- Experience writing and validating complex SQL queries
- Experience using a scripting language like Python or R for analysis
- Proficient in Tableau or other business intelligence tools; adept at storytelling with data
- Familiar with the basics of dimensional modeling, data warehousing, and version control
- Deep knowledge of experimental design, A/B testing, metric design and development
- Experience applying statistical techniques to business problems and driving results; linear and logistic regression
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute on projects quickly; get things done mentality
- Unabashed question asker; willing to learn anything needed to get things done
---- Preferred Qualifications ----
- Master's degree in a quantitative field - engineering, economics, statistics or similar.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber