Head of Growth Operations - Uber Eats, Mexico
About the Role
We're excited to open a senior role focused on growth in the Uber Eats Mexico team.
This is a team lead role, managing a small team of Operations Managers (4 direct reports) to deliver on Uber Eats Mexico's customer growth strategy. To succeed in this role you'll need a mix of analytical skills that allow you to deep dive on market trends and support the work of your team, a strategic mindset that understands how to get from where we are to where we want to be in both the short and long term, and strong stakeholder management abilities that helps you streamline cross-functional work across other teams, including restaurants, national and regional operations, territories, marketing, and legal, among others.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Own the growth strategy and execution to ensure we hit our topline trips / GB growth at the lowest possible investment
- Allocate of total investment dollars across levers on a weekly or monthly basis
- Optimize investment levels based on market data and experimentation
- Run experiments to better invest across levers and channels based on user behavior and elasticity to incentives
- Understand market balance across different markets to identify the best potential ROI for incremental investment dollars
- Define the MX strategy for Memberships including working closely with regional teams and defining local strategies to achieve MX specific OKRs
- Team strategy and management - you'll own the overall performance and direction of the team and be expected to manage them to a high standard, including being comfortable managing and coaching your team on analytics and experimentation strategy
- Measures of success: topline trips / GB; acquisition cost for new users; cost per incremental first trip and cost per incremental trip / GB; user retention (by cohort and over time); meet budgeted spend per trip; Paid subscribers and Pass retention rate.
- A quantitative Bachelor's degree (engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, physics, etc.) preferred.
- 5+ years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, growth, performance marketing, analytics, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields is expected, but we'll evaluate candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements.
- Team Leadership. This role will manage a small team (4 FTEs) and will be responsible for continued development of team members.
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish
- Technical expertise: SQL highly desired, and strong excel skills required
- Knowledge of user segmentation and experimentation techniques and experience with modeling and business intelligence. We want to build a comprehensive understanding of user segment behavior to optimize our investments
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Problem solving - Being able to solve issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic, common sense and data. Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude
- Good communication skills that will allow you to clearly explain your work and to participate in constructive debate
- Strong project management and stakeholder management capabilities. Scaling new initiatives will occur quickly and require working across teams locally in Mexico, with functional teams, regional teams, and product teams
- Experience with budgeting processes and assessing market balance is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber