Design Program Manager
About the Role
We are looking for a Design Program Manager to join the Global Design Team.
Design Program Managers at Uber are creative problem solvers and team leaders by nature. They are expert at building impactful relationships, improving team cohesion, creating efficiencies in the design process, and enabling teams to stay focused on delivering amazing product experiences to our users.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Global Design leads to build and maintain the operational framework for a cross-functional team of product designers, researchers, and content strategists to thrive in.
What You'll Do
- Partner cross-functionally: Collaborate with different functional teams, including product managers, site leads, engineers, regional operations, regional teams, and other program managers, to support owned programs.
- Roll up your sleeves: Help identify operational gaps and improve or pioneer processes to drive efficiency across support operations.
- Identify business-critical gaps: Discover and prioritize global opportunities, driving strategic projects aimed at making improvements with global impact.
- Align and execute: Continuously align a diverse range of stakeholders to a project plan, partnering with other program managers.
- Ensure high-quality communications: Engage the design team in problem solving, planning, executing to deliver timely results and to be active contributors to broader Design org initiatives.
- Give back: Share back successful practices, frameworks, tools, lessons learned that have worked in your team to the broader Design Operations team.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience as a project manager, program manager, or producer in a design consultancy or as part of an in-house product design/UX team
- Experience creating lean and scalable workflows and implementing process improvements
- Proficiency with project management and asset management tools (e.g., JIRA, Asana, Coda, Basecamp, Lucidchart, Box, Google Drive, etc)
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive conversations forward
- Superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in tackling problems big and small
- Demonstrable success as a team player, leading large and complex projects
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber