Product Analyst-II, Rider Analytics
About the Role
The Rider "core analytics science" team in Bangalore, India is responsible for optimizing the customer-side growth engine of the largest ride-sharing business in the world. The Bangalore Rider product team has a global charter to build and optimize Rider end-user features and products to drive growth and entry into new markets. Current initiatives focus on optimizing the process of onboarding riders as well as developing new product offerings such as high capacity vehicles and simpler versions of the Rider app in emerging markets.
As a data scientist on the Rider analytics team in Bangalore, you will play a leadership role in the data science strategy of the Bangalore Rider product team. In this position, you will offer a metric driven perspective and work closely with product, engineering, and operations as well as collaborating with data science teams in the US. Using product interaction data, you will carry out sophisticated analyses to find opportunities to make the product work better.
What you'll do
- Perform "deep-dive" analysis across all areas of our business to drive growth strategies, including product development and rider engagement strategies
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
- Perform time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess relative impact and extract trends
- Build models to enhance understanding of user behavior and predict future performance of cohorts
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and measurable conclusions
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key data metrics
- Present findings to senior management to inform business decisions
Collaborate with cross-functional teams across fields such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
What You'll Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role with emphasis on statistics
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Excellent SQL skills and the ability to use tools such as Python or R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Superb communication and organization skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber