Sr Associate Strategic Finance
About Our Team
Our Strategic Finance team plays the role of finance business partner and advisor to the Mexico operations group. The team is responsible to collaborate with cross functional teams to support them with financial planning, reporting and analysis, supervising key financial and operating metrics, and extracting key insights to support multi-million strategic decisions.
We have the outstanding position to have visibility into the entire organization, and this will allow you to reach insights others might not. Combining financial and operational data helps us to prioritize initiatives and reach conclusions. We are assembling a finance data driven team to help us harness the increasingly substantial amounts of data we have.
About the Role
In this role, you will be part of our Delivery Strategic Finance team for LatAm, partnering across Central Operations and Strategy & Planning teams in close collaboration with the HQ Finance team. It's an outstanding position to have visibility into the entire organization.
You'll also be driving strategic analysis and insights to influence finance and business leaders to make relevant decisions, as marketplace or promo investments and pricing. In addition, you will help the team setting and delivering targets, through driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis efforts, but also building the right financial field across multiple initiatives. Besides FP&A, you will also have the opportunity to participate in key regional and global strategic projects.
If you're ready to go deep, working on an exciting set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Financial planning and analysis: you will be the primary point of contact for all things' finance related for the countries within your coverage (supporting the monthly, quarterly, annual and long-range planning process)
- Business partnerships: provide financial insights to business leaders and work with them to drive efficiency and capital allocation
- Work closely with accounting and central teams to provide input on management reporting needs, better understanding of our actuals and ensure alignment between financials, strategy and execution.
- Variance analysis: conduct monthly variance analysis, and identify risks, opportunities, and mitigation measures
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making process
- Reporting: report out & analysis across all the countries under your responsibility, as well as underlying drivers of performance for the whole region
- Improvement in execution: help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise, and make the right decision from resource allocation perspective
- Ad hoc analysis: run analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further mitigate risks.
- Engage in the development of new processes and tools to deliver impactful and meaningful insights that drive decision making
- Be a change agent, and good at influencing people within the organization
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 5 years in Corporate Finance / Operational FP&A, Corporate Development / Investment Banking and/or Consulting, at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Excellent communication and people skills, you have to form relationships with many partners, both inside and outside of the Finance organization
- Exceptional Excel & Deck Building skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber