Software Performance Manager
The Money Matter's team makes money easy to see and manage. We oversee the entire budget for the global IT-Eng organization. We have deeper responsibilities in software asset management. This is quite a feat given the scale and complexity of our operation with the number of vendors, employees, countries we operate in, and pace of transactions!
For Software Asset Management, we are stewards of a substantial global 3rd party software portfolio. We are responsible to deliver the right policy, process, and tools to connect Ubers to the best and cost-effective software solution. We are marching towards minimizing software overlap, reducing waste, and know our license utilization at all times as renewals happen every week.
This role will utilize your background in rationalization/demand management, negotiations, purchase orders, influencing and communication to keep an efficient portfolio. We are a critical part of helping Uber along the road to profitability!
What you'll do:
You are very familiar with various software and SaaS licensing models and the profession of Software Asset Management. You have experience in software asset management tooling as you will help buy/build and operate tools illuminating key data and insights which drive optimized renewals and key business decisions. We aspire to systematically and holistically describe a softwares usage at Uber. Is a particular title growing or shrinking, how fast, who are the users, how effective is the tool, how many licenses, how many licenses were used recently etc...
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 6 years experience in IT. 2+ years with a focus on Asset Management.
- Experience profiling software at scale and helping build/configure the related tools, processes, and systems.
- Understand a broad range of software asset management principles as well as software topics such as: GDPR, Licensing, Audits, etc.
- Understand licensing methods of complex applications such as microsoft, vmware, adobe, etc..
- Uncommonly strong spreadsheet & presentation skills
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively..
- Impeccable customer service, strong ability to work with cross functional teams at all levels.
- Solid business aptitude with an ability to understand technical requirements, challenges and risks. Stakeholders enjoy working closely with you.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber