What You'll do:
The Money Matter's team makes money easy to see and manage. We oversee the entire budget for the global IT-Eng organization. We have deeper responsibilities in software asset management. This is quite a feat given the scale and complexity of our operation with the number of vendors, employees, countries we operate in, and pace of transactions!
For Software Asset Management, we are stewards of a substantial global 3rd party software portfolio. We are responsible to deliver the right policy, process, and tools to connect Ubers to the best and cost-effective software solution. We are marching towards minimizing software overlap, reducing waste, and know our license utilization at all times as renewals happen every week.
This role will utilize your background in rationalization/demand management, negotiations, purchase orders, influencing and communication to keep an efficient portfolio. We are a critical part of helping Uber along the road to profitability!
You have broad experience to draw from while developing a world class software renewal program including policy and process bespoke to Uber. You have in depth experience with software contracts, managing vendor relationships and a subject matter expert on software usage rights/licensing & pricing models. You will be hands-on as you lead a small team to build and operate a global software renewal program with best in class qualities and results. You will work hand-in-hand with Software Asset Managers responsible for inventory & entitlement management as well as tracking & reporting on utilization metrics.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in IT. +5 years with a focus on Software Lifecycle Management, Vendor Management and software licensing.
- Understand a broad range of software renewal considerations as well as challenges and risks.
- Highly experienced in contract management including understanding key meta data applicable to software contracts
- Strong business acumen and impressive ability to influence 3rd party vendors, understand roadmaps, conduct QBRs.
- Understand Software Asset Management & contract management principles and technologies.
- History of creating successful scalable processes.
- You can understand technical requirements & stakeholders enjoy working closely with you given your impeccable customer service skills.
- Next level spreadsheet & presentation skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber