Merchant Operations Associate/Manager
About the Role
Uber Eats Taiwan is a strategically important and successful market for Uber Eats globally. The Merchant Operations team reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for setting the strategy for the restaurant side of the three-side marketplace (eaters, restaurants, and delivery partners), launching new products and capabilities, and driving the growth and profitability for the business from that angle. We are looking for a passionate and committed Operations Manager to join the restaurant vertical and enable our platform through its next phase of growth.
What You'll Be:
- A strategic partner to the Head of Merchant Operations to support the growth of the Taiwan business, translating global goals into a locally inspiring strategy and plan.
- Accountable for driving commercial results related to restaurant performance.
- An important cross-functional partner to the many teams that do not directly report to you, but are critical to the successful execution of your plan, especially the Sales, Account Management, and Sales Operations teams, and also Community Operations, Marketing, Policy, Legal, Communications, Tax, Finance, Business Development and many more.
- A visible and vocal champion for our customers, restaurant partners, and stakeholders.
- A competent, decisive and optimistic leader that can rally many teams and stakeholders to achieve a shared vision.
What You'll Do:
- Help grow our Merchants and our Merchant business, including the transaction value of Merchants on our platform and the revenue they generate for us.
- Ownership of a module within the Merchant Operations team, with supporting roles on others.
- Ownership of deployment, localization and problem-identification of Merchant-related products, syncing with both global and regional teams.
- Build analyses and communicate insights to leadership that drives the growth, profitability, efficiency, quality, and experience of our restaurant business, and then turn them into actionable initiatives to drive improvement.
- Program manage and work with cross-functional teams to execute high priority, needle-moving restaurant related product launches and initiatives.
- Maintain a pulse on the industry landscape to constantly assess threats and opportunities, as well as document and communicate market intelligence.
- Actively identify opportunities and areas for process optimization and innovate new processes to keep the team as efficient as possible.
- Engage with regional and cross-functional team members to surface and implement best practices. Actively maintain communications with a broad stakeholder base.
What You'll Need:
- An analytical mindset and strong business acumen.
- 4-8 years work experience, including time spent in strategic and operational roles, supported by a history of delivering clear results. Management consulting, analytics, or finance experience a plus. Relevant experience in consumer internet sectors such as online food delivery and e-commerce is a big plus.
- Evidence of successful complex stakeholder management across a variety of functions.
- An appetite for taking smart risks in a fast moving, competitive and often ambiguous environment.
- Pure hustle and passion for building a new business in a competitive market.
- Able to collaborate and a willingness to listen and learn.
- A team player who doesn't mind rolling up your sleeves to do the day-to-day work.
- Fluency in Excel / Google Sheets and quantitative analysis; SQL experience a big plus.
- Traditional Mandarin and English fluency.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber