Global Head of Social
About the Role
We're looking for an outstanding social media leader to oversee the entirety of our social practice across all Uber LOBs, globally. You will lead and be responsible for the global social media vision and strategy for all channels. The ideal candidate is ambitious, results-oriented, has a pulse on the social landscape, has helped drive innovation, and has led strategy and best practices in social media for a global brand (either in-house or at an agency). This candidate will need to think big and help define how all of Uber's brands show up in culture/social, while also rolling-up your sleeves and doing 'the work' as well. You will need to be an expert in working cross-functionally across departments: Brand Marketing, Media, Regional + Global Marketing, PR/Comms teams, and more. Uber is transforming the way we show up in the world, and keep the world moving -- and Social Media is a key priority to make this happen! Does this sound like you? If so, apply for this rare opportunity to craft something at a fundamental level, to reach for the sky, and build a world-class social practice with one of the few global brands that is a verb!
What You'll Do
- Responsible for Uber + Uber Eats social media activity helping to breathe social-first thinking into everything we do
- You will lead the Uber + Uber Eats social media strategy globally, leading a team of global social leads, and partnering with regional social leads, to bring our brand to life across our key markets.
- You will define the overarching strategy for social + Uber. Anchoring the 'why' and 'how' Uber will show up in social, and the roles for the various channels
- You'll build an impactful social activity that leads to an improvement in brand favorability and trust.
- Partner with internal teams to execute coordinated social activity for brand and product campaigns helping to breathe social-first thinking into everything we do, in an upstream manner.
- Establish a social strategy and editorial approach that delivers beats of relevant social content aligned with our marketing objectives
- Lead a team that runs our global editorial calendars to ensure consistency across key markets, helping them translate global strategies into locally relevant campaigns and content.
- Lead key agency partners (R/GA) to ensure detailed execution of campaigns and activations.
- Define roles of social not only in always-on community management, but also, its role as a part of integrated campaign planning
- Develop + Own role of every-day-influencers as a function of our marketing strategy
- 10+ years experience leading social media, influencer marketing
- Deep experience working on creative and innovative social media campaigns at a major global brand.
- Expert in developing social marketing strategies that are native to each channel and that can deliver tangible results
- Ability to collect, analyze, and use social data to advise decision making.
- At the cutting edge of social trends and culture, knowing how to credibly and sensitively harness them while maintaining brand safety and values.
- Sherpa and activate unique and creative social media campaigns to drive value while aligning with the brand voice.
- Deep understanding of how paid and organic content and strategies work together.
- Flexible, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience developing a social + influencer strategy from infancy to maturity
- Previous experience working in a globally-led, matrixed organization, with regional + global teams
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to run multiple projects and responsibilities
- Background in editorial planning and experience in content creation
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber