Associate, Strategic Finance
About the Role
In this role, you will be part of the Eats Strategic Finance team for Australia and New Zealand. You will be partnering across Sales, Operations, Strategy & Planning, APAC/Global Finance & Accounting, and other cross-functional stakeholders to budget, forecast, optimize, and track our financial and operational goals.
You will also be driving strategic analysis and insights to influence and aid business leaders in key decision making for the ANZ business.
If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance & excel skills, passion, professional commitment and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do:
- Financial planning and analysis: work closely with the finance organization and with regional business leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgement and financial insights to help with decision making
- Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, and capture complex business reality/dynamics and interactions into comprehensive models and leverage those to assess trade-offs, propose solutions and drive better decision making
- Think strategically and execute: the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights and support daily execution. This is not a backwards looking role - we are responsible for helping the business make decisions, put our foot in the ground, and run at it
- Monthly close: report and analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create/discuss potential action plans with cross-functional stakeholders
- Process improvement: help improve our planning processes and ensure finance best practices spread through the organization. Work closely with the business to develop better ways to capture and validate assumptions to forecast a rapidly evolving business. We are always looking to reduce, reuse, recycle, and automate where possible to free up valuable time for tackling the next problem.
- Innovate: we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets in finance and data & analytics using spreadsheets, SQL, and Python.
- Special projects: new initiatives always come up, you will have the chance to contribute beyond regular modeling
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in Engineering, Finance, Business, Economics highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in Investment Banking, Corporate finance, Corporate Development/M&A, operational FP&A or Chief of Staff role at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Strong Financial Modeling skills: best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter: You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift and high quality execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours.
- Passion for finance, financial modeling, or coding
- Systems: working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems such as IBM Cognos TM1
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- SQL & python skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Visual analytics/business intelligence experience: Tableau, Qlikview, or Power BI dash boarding experience
- CFA or CPA / CA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber