Engineering Manager, BI Platform
About the Role
As an Engineering Leader for BI Platform, you will lead a portfolio of BI products and services for Ad Hoc analytics, Reporting and data visualizations. This will include both home grown systems and third-party BI technologies like Looker and Tableau. You will be responsible for defining a long term vision for BI at Uber, develop KPIs and smart goals and lead the team of engineers and managers towards that vision. You will work closely with internal customers such as data scientists, data analysts, engineers and business users. You will partner with engineering teams who own core data infrastructure, security, privacy services that BI Platform relies on. You will be a key owner of a top level BI Automation goal at Uber and will be presenting results to our CEO and Executive Leadership team.
What You'll Do
- Hire, develop, grow engineers and managers on the BI Platform team
- Define BI Platform vision, KPIs, Goals, drive delivery of measurable results
- Drive the delivery of new product features and solution through work prioritization, sprint planning, releases
- Drive adoption of BI Platform and features - organize demo days, user training sessions, send launch announcements, customer satisfaction surveys
- Communicate your vision and results at all levels, including CEO and Executive Leadership
- Be in the details. Know your team's work in-depth.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the hardware
- Minimum 5 years of engineering management experience delivering solutions/products related to data infrastructure at scale
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience as software engineer, data engineer or similar
- Familiarity with Looker and Tableau
- Familiarity with Real-Time Big Data analytics stack: Pinot, Flink, Kafka
- Understanding of Data Governance, Data Quality, Privacy, Security, Compliance
- Familiarity with Big Data data technologies, including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, data warehousing solutions, and in-memory databases
- Customer-centricity - you have many examples from your past of tough product issues that you persevered through to ensure customer satisfaction
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber