COE Senior Team Leader - Outreach Innovation (Clark)
About the Role:
As a Senior Team Lead in the Center of Excellence (COE), you will be responsible for the:
- Overall management of a small line of business/ subunit of an LOB/ shift, comprising of 4-6 Team Leads and/or 60-80 Community Operations Specialists
- Development and mentor of leaders in your sub unit
- Partner management for the line of business you will support
About the Team:
Outreach Innovation (OI)
We grow, retain, and engage drivers by innovating, experimenting, and scaling proactive outreach that supports the Driver team's business priorities. The OI team partners closely with CommOps to handle specialized, sales/support agents with operations based out of the Manila/Clark/Vizag COEs
What is Proactive Outreach:
Proactive outreach provides a one-on-one personalized concierge experience where drivers and couriers are matched with an agent at various points in their driver/courier lifecycle (e.g. onboarding, early lifecycle, pre-churn)
- The first program, "Project Jeanine", was launched in early 2017 to increase first trip conversion. Agents helped new drivers finish the onboarding steps, motivating and preparing them to confidently take their first trip
- The team interact with drivers/couriers primarily via SMS using an internal tool called uConnect
- Proactive outreach programs run as experiments and drivers in the control groups are not contacted; drivers receiving proactive outreach support can be identified by a note added to the driver account
For Internal Candidates:
- Must be a regular employee of Uber for at least 1 year
- Must have meaningful work experience leading people managers
- Must have passing performance scorecard for the past 3 months
- Must not be currently enrolled in any performance improvement plan
- Must not have any active disciplinary action on record upon application
For External Candidates:
- Must have at least 2 years experience in a people manager role
- Must have extensive background in performance and SLA management
- Must be willing to work in shifting schedules
- Must be willing to work primarily in the < Site > COE
- Basic familiarity with COPC(r) High Performance Management Techniques (HPMT)
- Foundational knowledge with Lean Six Sigma
- Background in project management
What the Candidate will Do:
As a Senior Team Lead in the Center of Excellence (COE), you will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of a small line of business/ subunit of an LOB/ shift, comprising 4-6 Team Leads and/or 50-80 COE Specialists. You are expected to:
- Handle performance and get results: You will analyze, strategize, implement action items and empower your team to meet and exceed targets on quality, efficiency/productivity, customer and costs, if applicable. You will also collaborate with other internal or external support teams critical to delivering results.
- Lead, coach, mentor and empower people: As an early leader of a rapidly growing team, you will mentor your TLs, develop your own people, guide them and work with them to achieve their full potential. You will lead by example, resolving the toughest of issues from customers and ensuring that your team constantly performs at a high level.
- Build and maintain partner relationships: You will interact and collaborate with teams from the different regions and cities we support, constantly improving our level of service to customers through exceeding agreed service levels.
- Drive accountability on policies, house rules and other guidelines: You will reinforce compliance to company policies such as house rules, attendance policy and PIP guidelines. You will ensure that you and your TLs do the right thing each time even if it means doing the difficult things.
- Lead improvements on support logic and processes:You will review, handle and lead improvements to current policies and processes to ultimately win our employees, customers and partners over.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber