Senior Manager, Executive and Employee Communications (Tech)
About the Team
Internal Communications team members help leaders communicate and interact with 20,000+ employees across 65 countries (and to their own organizations), in ways that resonate, inspire, and keep them connected to our vision, culture, and each other.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to lead our Product and Engineering internal communications efforts, supporting the leaders on those teams. You will report to the Global Head of Executive and Internal Communications, and work closely with global and regional Communications teams and cross-functional partners.
What You'll Do
Build relationships with the Chief Product Officer, Chief Technology Officer and their leadership teams, and partnering on their communications to their teams and the rest of Uber.
Develop an internal communications strategy for Tech leaders to ensure 1) that their teams are informed and inspired about the work they do and how they fit into the larger Uber strategy, and 2) that the rest of Uber knows about the biggest tech moments and achievements.
Work with Policy & PR colleagues to align internal and external messaging to ensure consistency across comms strategies.
Partner with HR and Chiefs of Staff on people and culture initiatives.
Support and execute regular Tech-wide, Product, and Engineering All Hands and other major internal events hosted by or related to these teams.
Help create a vibrant culture that attracts and retains the best talent for Uber.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in communications or a related field
- Experience working with technical senior leaders to develop communications for a matrixed global organization
- A strong writer: who can quickly understand and articulate what we need employees to know, feel, and do; distill complex ideas into simple, honest and compelling communications; and be attentive to detail and zoom in to master the details and zoom out to keep an eye on the big picture. You are also able to deliver succinct talking points and superb written communications for leaders.
- A strong influencer: We succeed by building effective relationships, and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for Uber and employees. Communicating directly and respectfully, and thereby earning the confidence of our internal business partners, is paramount.
- A nimble self-starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs--we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable, calm under pressure, and able to drive progress amid ambiguity.
- A great teammate: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams around shared goals. Our team has well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done, and who know when to lead and when to be a thought partner.
- Highly organized: We are a fearless team who always has multiple projects in flight. You'll need to be a well-organized project manager who can keep everything moving forward and everyone up to date.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber