Product Analytics Manager - Core Analytics and Science
About the Role
The Core Analytics & Science Team (CAS) is Uber's largest data science organization, covering both of Uber's main lines of business as well as the underlying platform technologies that power those businesses. We are a key part of Uber's cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through analytic, statistical, and algorithmic expertise.
Here are some of the teams that make it happen:
- Platforms: Develops the common systems and technical foundations that power Uber's core trip experience (e.g., pickup/dropoff, time prediction, route selection, navigation), post-trip customer support and business reporting. Also develops novel experimental design and statistical models that power the company-wide experimentation platform.
- Eats: Uber Eats is Uber's ambitious and rapidly expanding on-demand food delivery business currently operating in more than 45 countries globally and is the largest outside of China.
- Rides: Rides Data Science at Uber uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core ridesharing products.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of 3-5 highly skilled analysts to deliver projects, with high quality and on time
- Collaborate with business leaders to manage project intake, roadmap, prioritize, and manage staffing against key initiatives
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with the team and cross-functional partners to identify opportunities, drive product strategy, planning, and execution
- Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our products, through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product Management and other disciplines such as engineering, operations and marketing
- Run experiments and develop dashboards and data visualizations to enable observability and to communicate results to leadership. Provide rigorous technical mentorship to the team.
- Answer complex business questions and define new and existing product metrics via SQL queries to enable business and product owners to make critical decisions
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (eg with Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent
- Communication and stakeholder management skills - ability to influence and build alignment by clearly communicating and presenting information
- Ability to understand and prioritize business goals and strategies
- Project management skills - Ability to drive projects end-to-end
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and adapt to business needs and goals
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods
- Have a growth mindset; love solving ambiguous, challenging and impactful problems!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber