Customer Support Manager, Uber Transit
About the Role
Uber's Customer Support Managers are exceptional people leaders who know how to get the most out of their team. They directly manage Team Leads (typically up to 5), who manage around 10 Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) each. Customer Support teams are at the forefront of our business, answering the community's questions and tending to their needs.
What You'll Do
- Lead, motivate, and develop high-performing teams to deliver on operational KPIs within a time-sensitive and demanding environment
- Coach and develop Team Leads into awesome people managers
- Partner with various supporting teams (such as Quality Assurance, Learning & Development, and Site Analytics) to ensure that your teams are delivering exceptional customer experiences and meeting service level requirements
- Analyze data to assess the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to Team Leads on a consistent basis
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) on your teams' processes and Uber policies
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a world-class support experience every time
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a high-volume, fast-paced customer support environment or other service industry
- 2+ years of experience leading large and diverse teams
- Willingness to work weekends, occasional holidays, and outside of standard 9-5 business hours
- Demonstrated leadership skills -- You set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide them through challenging situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - You are a skilled communicator and listener, and you're comfortable expressing ideas and opinions to varied audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You establish trust and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic problem-solving skills - You can leverage multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions
- Process management experience
About the Team
This Customer Support Manager role sits within Uber's Center of Excellence (COE). COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to Uber customers (riders, drivers, couriers, eaters, restaurants, etc.). Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, as well as to incubate support modalities and processes for new products and services. COEs pioneer how Uber manages support for customers around the globe.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber