Analyst, Merchant Growth Analytics & Insights - Uber Eats
About the Role
The Global Merchant Analytics team within Uber Eats is looking for an analytical problem solver to drive the right insights to help partners focus their energy and attention on the most important strategic priorities. We work to identify the key opportunities to power improved business performance. We conjoin disparate data sets in an operational capacity to resolve areas where each group within sales can chip in to our broader goals.
What You'll Do
- Lead projects that use data and analytics to develop an in-depth understanding of merchant experience on Uber Eats. This includes crafting compelling 'stories' and synthesized insights around acquisition, growth, and funnel performance.
- Find opportunity areas, influence cross-functional partners, and execute projects to deliver sustained and material growth
- Work directly with sales and sales operations leaders on projects that provide insights to understand market opportunity, surface gaps and opportunities, and develop business plans to build cross-functional alignment on actions to improve merchant success and business growth
- Collaborate and closely partner with product, community operations, finance, marketing, data science, business systems, and data architects to ensure successful global initiatives. Examples of this would be global prioritization for product rollout, and global go-to-market framework.
- A bachelor's degree
- A minimum of three years of experience running internal analysis using SQL
- Your degree is in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, or operational research
- Tableau proficiency
- Strong personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Basic working knowledge of Python
- Experience and inclination for rolling up sleeves (process mapping, data cleansing, debugging/commenting code, documentation) when needed
- Cross-functional work partnering with Sales, Operations, Product, Marketing, Finance, and/or Customer Support
- Skill at finding the balance between urgent and important requests; flourishes with change and ambiguity; and brings an analytical customer-centric and curious mentality to the table!
- Excellent ability to translate requirements with technical and non-technical audiences
- Known ability for partner management and consensus building from past employers
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber