Product Manager-II, Data Platform
About the Role
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Uber. And for our Marketing team, data forms the strong foundation for every application that we build to acquire and engage with our customers. This role is critical for the entire marketing organization, as the product manager will focus on building a world-class marketing data platform. You will be using the best of breed technologies and design methodologies to accomplish this for all of Uber's business lines and products leading to an industry leading scale and complexity.
We expect the Product Manager to be highly technical and data-oriented. You will be working with and learning from a phenomenal team of product, engineering, data scientists, and business leaders. This is a unique opportunity to learn how to build, curate, and ultimately platformize huge datasets driving a top-tier Growth company.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Experience building and launching data products and platforms at scale.
- Collect requirements from marketing and line of business heads
- Use data to ship marketing data products that translate into scalable and global business impact
- Work with a world-wide cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Develop a vision and roadmap, plan deliverables, design and launch products
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to executives, other product teams, cross-functional teams such as marketing, operations, finance
- Evangelize products within global organizations including channel managers, data scientists designers and marketing leadership
- Monitor and measure launched products and use data for product refinement
- Collaborate to solve novel problems introduced by the ever-changing and increasingly challenging Marketing data ecosystem
- Be or become an expert in Marketing data strategies and technologies including key vendors in the space, pros and cons of competing approaches (both 1st and 3rd path), and trade-offs involved with different strategies
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Proven experience of 4+ years experience in a product role delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- A technical undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience in a high growth company or startup. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness - You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data - you just go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber