Sr Software Engineer Frontend/Fullstack - Uber Direct
About the Role
Uber Direct is a new product offered by Uber. It allows any type of merchant, from a local flower shop up through large enterprises like Apple and McDonald's, to offer their customers instant delivery. For example, if you were to order a Big Mac for delivery on the McDonald's app, McDonald's would then hit the Uber Direct APIs telling Uber about the delivery.
Like Uber Eats, Direct began as a small offering and has the potential to scale rapidly. By joining the team now, you'll get to be a part of that growth.
What You Will Do
- Demonstrate end to end ownership of critical new features and infrastructure
- Produce consistent high quality code across projects
- Identify and fix bugs and reliability of current systems
- Bring in your passionate self and positively impact the team around you
- 3+ years of total software development experience as a frontend or full stack developer
- Experience working with web application development frameworks such as Nodejs, React, Redux, Angular, Next or similar
- Experience or knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Go, C++, C#, Python
- Experience building and shipping features end-to-end (frontend and backend) in partnership with Product Managers and UX Designers
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber