Senior Manager, Business Development - Payments
About the Role
We're looking for someone to join our team to identify new payment partnership opportunities to expand and grow Uber's products, influence our payment partnerships strategy in the region, as well as manage existing global strategic partnerships!
You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on the vision and strategy of Uber's Global Business Development team and specifically our payments strategy. The Global Business Development team's mandate covers Uber's core Ridesharing business, Delivery business, our Payments-related partnerships, and other strategic relationships.
You will be responsible for developing, advancing, and leading key payment partnerships, and crafting and executing a plan that allows Uber to:
- Drive growth & engagement
- Deliver seamless and delightful payments experiences for our earners and spenders
- Help build reliable payment platforms and foundations
- Improve the health of our P&L
The ideal candidate will have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value partnerships with large, important institutions across the globe, spanning both public and private sectors. To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility and an ability to inspire!
Uber operates in over 60+ countries and processed over $58B in payments in 2020. From taking a trip to ordering a meal to make driving the most flexible source of income for driver-partners, payments play a central role.
Further, one of Uber's next great frontiers is to build custom financial products to deepen our relationship with consumers and drive loyalty to the Uber platform of services.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and drive the Payments Partnership team's global strategy in concert with Product, Business Operations, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and, Finance, including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization.
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact key payments and core business objectives applying creativity and business understanding.
- Identify and effectively analyze new opportunities for Uber, ultimately making recommendations to relevant decision-makers and cross-functional partners
- Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities across geographies, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses. Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that uncover the implications of current and new opportunities financial impact to Uber.
- Drive accountability by managing your partner deals through a process that ensures cross-functional alignment and accountability. Interface and serve as a point of contact for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships.
- Lead strategic and complex negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
- Manage the relationship with regional or global partners including defining the overall partner management strategy and influencing outcomes
- 8+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
- Strong product instincts and ability to find opportunities to leverage partners' existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Uber's Product, Operations, and Engineering organization to build premier features for our users
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Experience with establishing and maintaining C-level relationships at partner companies.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Expertise in payments, financial services, financial products, gift cards, payment acceptance and disbursements, risk, identity, wallets, and compliance.
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models with payment partners
- Expertise in payments, financial services, financial products, gift cards, payment acceptance and disbursements, risk, identity, wallets, card networks, and compliance.
- Experience with financial products including co-brand cards, gift cards etc.
- Understanding global disbursements and instant payments
- Experience working with gig-economy companies
- Global payments experience
- MBA preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber