About the Role
Every month, Uber collects millions of documents from earners, spenders, and organizations to verify their identity, validate they meet external regulations and internal standards. Additionally, Uber has regulatory requirements to adjudicate certain earner documents like background check reports to help ensure only good and safe actors gain access to Uber's platform.
As a Software Engineer on Uber's Sofia Engineering team you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of money systems, real-time tax calculation, invoicing and reporting, all at extensive scale. Our work helps our partners be globally compliant and Uber be competitive in highly regulated and complex industries such as transportation, logistics, and food.
What you'll do:
- Design, deliver and maintain systems that enable hundreds of agents to process millions of earner documents, which is a critical step in unlocking Earner access to Uber's platform.
- Collaborate with product managers, data science and global operations teams to gather requirements.
- Partner with fellow engineers to architect, develop and scale Uber's Decision Portal, while keeping operational issues in mind.
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements that improve the quality of the systems.
- Write clear documentation so that other engineers can partner to contribute and deliver.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of frontend engineering experience
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- Extensive software design and development skills. Ability to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a productive environment.
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber