Senior Manager, EMEA / APAC People Business Operations
About the Role
Given the exciting growth in our employee base across the globe, it's important that we cultivate an employee experience that balances deep empathy towards globally unified needs as well as local nuances. In this role, you will lead the People Ops team for EMEA and APAC, helping design and operationalize the globally relevant employee experience in these regions, while aptly incorporating the local requirements that are most important to the business and employees in these regions.
What the Candidate You'll Do
- Play a critical role in crafting the strategy for the global employee experience with all foundational HR services, by effectively empathizing with, prioritizing and representing the nuances of EMEA and APAC.
- Leverage human-centered design to lead your team in mapping and solving for user journeys across the entire spectrum of these employee experiences.
- Support the People BizOps leadership in building and maintaining a backlog of priorities, to help operationalize the global team vision using a disciplined and focused approach. This will require a strategic balance of considerations like user impact, cross functional readiness or dependencies, resource optimization, financial impact, etc.
- Lead or participate in projects related to the global priorities for the overall People BizOps team (this could spread beyond foundational HR services).
- Due to the highly matrixed nature of the role, you will be expected to seamlessly partner with and influence various teams from within and beyond the People team (HRBPs, D&I, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, Finance, Legal, IT, etc.)
What You'll Need
- Progressive leadership experience in one or more areas related to Employee / Customer Experience (EX, CX, UX), HR Operations, Business Operations and related areas.
- Proven experience and resilience for operating in a fast paced, agile, ambiguous, multi-geographic context.
- Proven expertise in leveraging systems thinking and design thinking to solve user problems.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to derive the People strategy from the overall business strategy.
- Domain expertise, self awareness and humility to lead / mentor team members, while continuously learning and growing yourself.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber