Associate Program Manager, Risk & Compliance - Phoenix
About the Role
At Uber, we strive for excellence in everything we do. Risk & Compliance is a critical part of Uber's success, working with stakeholders across the business to ensure compliance to regulatory standards, and facilitating completion of short-term processes or optimization of long-term initiatives.
We're looking for an effective manager (based out of Phoenix, Arizona - 201 E. Washington St) with functional expertise to take this team to the next level. The right candidate for this role is an analytical thinker with excellent time management and organizational skills. In this role, the ability to clearly communicate and partner with stakeholders at all levels of the business is a must. Most importantly, we're looking for someone who is excited to build and is not afraid to challenge the status quo. This is a people management role. As a leader of this team you must balance managing the program with building and developing a new team.
What You'll Do
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Drive strategy for various risk & compliance projects with buy-in from functional and leadership stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate project planning, solutioning and program implementation
- Set up career development plans that guide your team of Project Specialists. You will be managing up to 10 Project Specialists, who will each be owning and executing processes, daily tasks, and projects.
- Drive analysis and make strategic recommendations to improve program health
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones, and manage resources accordingly. Track progress, understand dependencies, and communicate timelines and any deviation from deadlines to senior management and program stakeholders.
- Analyze the performance of your team and provide consistent and constructive feedback to your Program Specialists to help them grow and develop in both their strengths and opportunities
- Responsible for identifying trends within your team's performance as well as overall support trends
- Minimum of 2 years experience within operations, project/program management, analytics, and/or driving process improvements
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced or growth centric environment
- Certifications in project management or continuous improvement methodologies
- Absolute team player and ability to bring different opinions to consensus
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills - ability to reduce complex and complicated information into clear messages
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Self motivated with a strong affinity for problem solving, always challenging the status quo and never settling for how something 'has always been done'
- Always willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Willingness to work weekends and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
About the Team
Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber