Senior Production Engineer II, SRE
About the Role
Join Uber Production Engineering and help us redefine what it means to be a Production Engineer! You will join a team of reliability engineers who partner with development teams throughout the organization with the ultimate goal of improving Uber products, features, and flow reliability. An Uber Production Engineer spends just as much of their time working on systems as they do writing code.
You'll be tasked with all manner of work from building operational tooling, automating operational workflows, performing architecture and design reviews, investigating system failures and sophisticated outages, improving our monitoring infrastructure, defining service level objectives and agreements for Uber products and flows, and much more.
What You'll Do
- We are experts in Uber infrastructure and standard methodologies, and we closely partner with rest of engineering teams to run world class distributed systems optimized for high efficiency and low latency
- We take ownership in creating sophisticated and reliable code
- Architecture skills. You will be constructing highly scalable software systems and contributing with your knowledge on the principles of fault-tolerance, reliability and efficiency. Experience designing and deploying high performance production services with extensive monitoring and logging practices
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers
- Share on-call with your engineering team and lead incident response and no-blame postmortem analysis and review
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
What You'll Need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing
- Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
About The Team
The Safety team uses real-time telematics and motion sensing technologies along with multi-faceted machine learning algorithms and user-facing mobile products to reduce and prevent unsafe driving and behavior on the Uber platform! Our work touches all parts of the Uber experience from dispatch to on-trip and post-trip, as well as Uber's entire ecosystem ranging from our rides business to other newer Uber marketplaces, and ventures.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada