About the Role
Our mission is to "Stand For Safety". As a team of Health and Safety experts, we are committed to igniting a culture in which Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability is integrated into all levels of the organisation.
We are the Team ensuring our People and Places/Workplaces are safe for employees, contractors visitors and guests. We are driven by the human right to a safe work environment and creating healthy, happy and safe environments.
What You'll Do
- Conduct safety inspections and document corrective action
- Identify and correct identified recognised hazards
- Identify improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Develop, implement, and promote environmental, health and safety programs
- Advise and assist the employer in complying with the local environmental, health and safety regulations; especially in the submission of the reporting requirements;
- Perform quarterly assessment of the implementation of programs in the workplace;
- Contribute to and prepare quarterly and annual reports of safety and health programs;
- Facilitate the Organization of the Health and Safety Committee;
- Conduct site accident investigations;
- Conduct site risk and fire risk assessments;
- Conduct site health and safety inspections;
- Ensure Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) are closed out and completed;
- Help maintain an efficient accident record system and coordinate corrective;
- Act as a business partner and guide the employer and workers in an advisory capacity on all matters pertaining to health and safety
- Provide assistance to government agencies when they conduct safety and health inspection, accident investigation, or any other related requirements;
- Ensure a zero harm philosophy and encourage near miss reporting;
- Assist in training the minimum headcount required by law per site as UBER Heroes (first aid, evacuation, fire) as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors for local support.
Ensure Uber EHS policies are implemented across the site.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience of working in EHS
- Bachelor's degree in health, safety, environment, engineering or chemistry
- Registered safety officer
- Knowledge of safety regulations and standards in Poland and Eastern Europe
- Experience in developing and implementing Environmental Health and Safety programs, procedures, associated training, guidance documents, and job aids.
- Business partner mindset
- Autonomous and analytical
Proactive communication skills
Flexible schedule and ability to travel (locally and international)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber