LATAM Competitive Strategy Operations Manager
About the Role
As Competitive Strategy Manager for the Central Operations team you will play an active role designing, implementing and managing the incentives and pricing strategy to drive the ridesharing business growth across multiple territories in Latin America!
You will work with our local teams crafting the roadmap for the next generation of marketplace pricing and incentives products, managing large investments and supervising the rides business performance in the region. This role requires a strong eye for business, as well as analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
What You'll Do
- Outline and implement the pricing strategy in multiple LATAM territories to the overall business strategy
- Drive data analyses to find opportunities to improve the pricing structure and marketplace balance at city, regional and mega-regional levels
- Work closely with Product teams to develop the pricing products and strategies in the Ridesharing business
- Build and supervise key metrics to ensure business performance and investments efficiency, and support the decision making process with a data-driven approach
- Identify and coordinate projects with cross-functional teams to improve and scale processes and tools across all regions according to the pricing strategy
- Build and maintain close relationships with local and global partners, assertively communicating and presenting ideas, findings and insights to assist and guide the decision making process
- Collaborate with multiple local and global teams, including marketing, finance, legal, policy, and operations teams to ensure alignment with global business objectives
What You'll Need
- Strong eye for business and problem solving skills
- Data driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Proven experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Experience working closely and presenting optimally with internal and external partners in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines!
- Resilience and ability to take initiative in our constantly-changing work environment
- SQL + Basic Statistics knowledge and a passion for data needed
- Python, R or any other scripting language is a bonus
- English proficiency
- Spanish and Portuguese is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber