Sr. Software Engineer - Fullstack
About the Role
As a Software Engineer on the Safety Engineering team in Brazil, you will be an early member of Uber's first Tech Center in Latin America! We are initially focused on sophisticated technologies to improve safety around the world, such as advanced telematics, machine learning, high scale distributed systems, real time data processing and mobile development, among others.
What You'll Do
- Work with the business teams to resolve opportunities and feasibility for new products, features, integrations, and automation.
- Work across the stack, including databases, backend services, frontend frameworks, tooling, monitoring, automated testing, and ad-hoc scripting.
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reuse.
- Willingness to mentor. In a full-stack role, you are a polyglot, but maybe speak one language more fluently than another. Help those that are the reverse!
What You'll Need
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer.
- Confirmed experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they work with Redis, Kafka, or similar.
- Experience with developing sophisticated software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g., MySQL, Cassandra).
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually outstanding. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a balanced, responsible way. You are comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- You're not just looking for the next exciting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our high growth environment.
About the Team
Our team uses real-time telematics and motion sensing technologies along with wide-ranging machine learning algorithms and user-facing mobile products to reduce and prevent unsafe driving and behavior on the Uber platform! We are building low-latency data streaming infrastructure that ingests terabytes of data daily before applying statistical modeling and signal processing algorithms, NLP auditing as well as facial biometrics recognition solutions. Our work touches all parts of the Uber experience from dispatch to on-trip and post-trip, as well as Uber's entire ecosystem ranging from our rides business to other newer Uber marketplaces, and ventures.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber