Sr Manager, Accounting Operations (Systems/ Projects)
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Accounting Manager to join our central accounting team. This role will lead the Governance & Projects teams, leading transformational projects, while providing oversight and governance of master data and the month-end close process. This role owns the policies and controls related to financial data governance, ensures the accuracy of the master data (COA), leads efficiency and transformative projects for the Accounting operational teams as the subject matter expert and/or as a Project Manager (PM) (developing project plans, roadmaps, requirements, etc). This individual will report to the Director of Accounting Operations and can be located in either San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
In this meaningful role you will help to build efficient processes and the tools that support them, and provide oversight and governance over master data - ensuring compliance, accountability, and accuracy. The individual that will excel in this role, is not only strong in accounting, but has a background in implementing processes and systems that enable the accounting teams to work in a more efficient, optimal manner, allowing them to focus on accounting and analytics versus processing.
What You'll Do
- Lead the Accounting Projects and Governance teams located in San Francisco, Dallas, and Bangalore, India
- Lead transformational projects aimed at increasing accuracy, efficiency, scalability, and automation. Recommend processes and systems that lead to best practices. Guide and influence business partners to buy into value propositions
- Support improvement projects led by Accounting Managers. Provide insight, structure, and PM services
- Work cross functionally to identify gaps or risk areas, and create end-to-end process recommendations. Build roadmaps, target operating models, and lead approved projects
- Provide governance over financial master data. Ensure timely and accurate approvals, set-ups and maintenance of master data
- Own and explain Chart of Accounts and Segment values. Provide thoughtful alternatives to business partners seeking exceptions
- Support close by providing oversight of the completion of processes performed by various teams. Report on closing metrics. Lead post-close debrief meetings
- Maintain close relationships with finance systems' support team (FinTech) and engineering, ensuring collaboration and partnership when developing processes and systems
- Drive informed decision making with business partners by providing cutting edge technical and operational accounting guidance on business models and decisions
- Design and maintain an effective internal control environment and compliance programs to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial information
- Support external audits
- Advise the business on subject matters pertinent to accounting and advocate for operational procedures that ensure SOX compliance and accurate financials with minimal touchpoints
- Ensure the use of global systems and processes. Partner with process owners to provide training, support, and documentation to relevant teams
- Support transition of new businesses / markets into Uber's control environment, global processes, and centralized functions
- Oversee maintenance of user access and roles
- Owner of certain financial systems - ensure timely and accurate maintenance
- BA / BS
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 10+ years of relevant leadership work experience in a multinational, high tech and high volume organization
- Excellent leadership skills with collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally
- Broad and deep knowledge of accounting systems - preferably Oracle
- Experience with high growth and its impact on processes and systems
- Experience with developing scalable, efficient, and SOX compliant processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions
- Consistent track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- Expert knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements
- Strong program management and organizational skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to independently resolve complicated problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Ability and willingness to "roll-up sleeves" and delve deep into the processes
- CPA / CA Equivalent
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber