Sr Communications Associate
About the Role
At Uber, we believe the most successful consumer technology companies are forward-thinking storytellers who ensure that their products are central to every communication.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making impact with the influence of the media, and is fearless about solving problems in partnership with relevant cross functional teams. You will report directly to the Communications Lead, Taiwan and work closely with cross functional teams across our Mobility and Delivery businesses.
This role will involve:
- Manage day-to-day media relations and carefully assess our strategy, response and key messages.
- Proactive press engagement, education and influence to generate positive press moments.
- Work with Uber's cross functional teams, including communications, policy, marketing, operations and product teams to tell our Mobility and Delivery stories and assist in product launches and special projects.
What the Candidate Will Do
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- A superb writer and advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, honest and compelling communications backed up by intellectually credible arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories--about our product, culture, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for users, earners and cities.
- A fact finder: You'll love getting into the details and understanding an issue from all sides.
- A strong influencer: We succeed by building effective relationships, and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for the Uber brand.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done--and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- 5+ years proven experience in communications and/or journalism.
- Native-level proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, Business-level English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber