Social Relations Lead, EMEA / Responsable Affaires Sociales, EMEA
About the Team + Role
As Senior Program Manager EMEA (Social Relations Lead) based in Paris, you will be part of the Employee Relations (ER) team at Uber within the People & Places (P&P) organisation.
Together with the ER Director, you will be responsible for defining and implementing our Social Relations program in order to foster a positive social climate and a constructive dynamic with the Works Councils and any other employee representatives' body in the EMEA region.
In addition, your project management skills will be support the deployment of specific ER programs.
What you will do;
- Managing the relationship with the works councils in both Netherlands and France (in partnership with the HR Business Partner and ER Director),
- Maintaining a positive social climate,
- Coordinating and advising the HR teams on matters related to employees representation, in compliance with local social legal regulations,
- Deploying programs and policies towards the Works Councils
- Liaising with the relevant stakeholders (HR, Legal, Operations, Communications) to Prepare and execute various projects (coordination, risk management and alignment),
- Managing collective consultation processes in the region, including towards the relevant public authorities in each country,
- Ensuring Uber's compliance to social relations regulations in EU countries,
- Creating and updating existing processes and practices in order to maintain positive social dialogue, in line with local regulations (in partnership with the HR and employment legal teams),
- Managing and/or participating in the deployment of other ER programs and P&P initiatives in support of the employee relations team.
What you will need;
- French employment law background or legal degree required (Netherlands employment law knowledge preferred)
- 5+ years' of solid experience with Works Councils and/or Trade unions
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive and ruthless at prioritizing tasks
- Structured, rigorous and detailed oriented
- Skilled negotiator and a strong stakeholder manager
- Able to influence others, confident and assertive
- Able to express legal related topics in a clear, concise and pragmatic manner
- Experienced with policy development from inception to implementation
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent French and English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber