Global Portfolio Strategist
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Workplace team handles global real estate, space planning, food & beverage, and event planning.
About the Role
In this role, you will partner internally and externally across the organization to develop sophisticated corporate real estate portfolio strategies supported by operational, financial, and organizational analyses.
The portfolio strategist will have responsibility for assisting in the development of enterprise and market level portfolio strategies that align with business objectives. You will lead a team of analyst partners who build and manage financial models and develop business cases to support portfolio acquisitions, dispositions, renewals and lease vs. own analysis.
This role will also assist in providing pipeline data to support annual planning activities. The optimal candidate will have skills in problem-solving and financial acumen and be able to build positive relationships with key stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Oversight of detailed financial modeling for transaction activity under consideration to support the overall business case development.
- Ability to develop executive level presentation materials and present findings to that audience.
- Ownership of relationships with internal partners including senior leadership.
- Proactively develop plans for portfolio optimization through workforce strategies and labor analytics.
- Drive forecasting and strategic planning of all cost associated activities across the client portfolio.
- Complete and support regular and ad-hoc reporting, including informal and formal documents, reports, graphs, charts and presentations.
- Manage a team as well as oversight of third party business partners.
- Minimum 11+ years of total professional experience
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience
- Significant experience leading and managing initiatives across a team or organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating confidence in building and optimally maintaining positive relationships with clients (internal and external) and co-workers
- Sharp analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to communicate results both orally and written
- Experience with real estate modeling and analyses in Excel, Google sheets including- net present value, internal rate of return, cash flow, and P&L, lease/buy analysis, workforce strategy development
- Ability to integrate across finance and account service lines; connecting dots across key responsibilities and multiple service lines
- Strong execution skills with the ability to convert strategies to actions and results
- Understanding of real estate asset management and E2E processes and stakeholders
- Ability to influence partners and teammates
- Highly organized with effective time management skills
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
- Collaborative manner and work ethic
- Ability to provide discrete and confidential handling of sensitive information
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in the Real Estate or Business field
About the Team
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Global Workplace and Real Estate at Uber strives to create cost effective and timely execution of initiatives while partnering with the business in order to improve the employee experience and cultivate thoughtful and engaging work spaces.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber