Global Payments Strategy & Optimization - Payments Performance
About the Role
Uber is one of the largest and most complex global merchants, processing over $5B in payments (400M+ transactions) across 65 countries each month. The Global Payments Strategy & Optimization team is responsible for overseeing this to identify, quantify and implement initiatives that
- Lower our cost of payments processing, and
- Improve payments performance.
This role is focused on expanding our team to focus on optimizing our Payments Performance and would involve the follwing aspects :
- Review long-term performance (by payment method) across key markets to identify trends and potential issues
- Review, categorize and resolve anomalies that are automatically detected; in instances where anomalies cannot be automatically detected, monitor performance in order to identify degradations
- Resolve payment issues by either 1) making routing changes, 2) partnering with cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Engineering) to fix, and/or 3) liaise with payment partners to fix root causes
- Partner with Uber's Risk team to resolve identified issues that are caused by fraudulent behavior
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Passion for payments: career experience in payments - either focusing on the topic at a merchant, issuing bank, acquirer, network and/or payment processor
- Analytical thinking: ability to make sense of extremely large and complex data sets (e.g. billions of transactions) and uncover insights
- Operating autonomously: demonstrated experience leading efforts from start-to-finish with limited guidance
- Attention to detail: proven ability to stay organized and identify potential issues before they significantly disrupt operations / ability to transact with Uber
- Thriving in ambiguity: proven experience handling ambiguous environments to uncover insights that others would not think about
- Leading cross-functional teams: ability to partner with teams to ensure any dependencies that they may have are unblocked in a timely manner
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber