Sr Regional Operations Manager (Restaurants), Uber Eats - EMEA
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking to grow the Regional Operations Restaurants team in the EMEA HQ in Amsterdam. The mission of the Operations team is simple: make Uber Eats the preferred delivery platform for restaurants, couriers and customers in the 13 EMEA markets where we operate.
With this role within the Restaurant Operations team, you will be working on the Restaurant Growth team that aims to drive growth for our restaurant partners while helping Uber Eats hit their key profitability goals for 2021, through the management of one of our biggest bets globally - Ads. Ads is a new product that was launched in 2020 that allows restaurants to pay to improve their visibility within the app and in turn drive Sales for their restaurant.
With the Ads product only having launched recently, you will be responsible for growing and driving adoption of a new and rapidly growing business unit. And specifically, responsible for delivering on one of our Global OKRs to get us closer to profitability: Ads Net Revenue.
The work of this team is highly impactful for the business and as a result, highly visible - as one of Uber Eats's five global priorities it has been mentioned in every Global All Hands meeting since launching in 2020!
What You'll Do
The person in this role will help to understand the Ads business on Uber Eats, what our merchants need and build out a cohesive strategy to drive adoption of and engagement of the Ads product. They will support in building go-to-market launch plans, support product rollouts, develop reporting and analytics, educate Sales teams on how best to sell Ads to restaurants, and work with cross-functional partners (Product, CRM, Country Teams, Sales, Account Managers, Legal) to launch new products and processes in EMEA.
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years of experience in business operations, analytics, management consulting, or other related experience
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Stats or equivalent.
- Advanced data management skills - SQL is a must.
- Proven project management skills with an ability to set up and manage processes or projects from the ground up.
- Creative mindset that understands and enjoys experimental design. (Bonus points for experience with statistics)
- Comfort with ambiguity. You are unfazed by executing on projects where all the information is not always available and priorities can change as more data comes to bear.
- Proven problem solving skills with an ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require in order to structure the challenges we face into concrete action plans. A self-starter attitude is required!
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Stakeholder management skills with experience working in diverse, cross-functional and global environments.
About the Team
Restaurant Operations is one of our 6 key verticals within Central Operations. We focus on scaling operational processes across EMEA that drive the restaurants' success on our platform. We strive to enhance the restaurant experience and empower partners to build a high quality and reliable delivery service into their core business.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber