Paralegal, US West
About the Team
The Safety & Insurance Litigation team oversees and manages litigation and claims arising out of Uber's insurance policies. In doing so, the team works hand in hand with our insurance partners and outside counsel to drive solutions and innovate. This innovative team also works across Uber's business teams, from operations to safety, to evaluate and manage risk.
What You'll Do
- Manage a high volume of matters and assist in all phases of the tort litigation lifecycle, including discovery, motion practice, and trial/alternative dispute resolution
- Review, categorize, organize, track and update information and legal documents within our matter management system
- Analyze, issue spot and escalate inquiries and issues
- Perform research, fact investigation, and preservation functions
- Prioritize and manage a large volume of cases and projects
- Perform and analyze complex data analytics
- Design, build and deliver engaging presentations for internal and external audiences
- Respond directly to requests from outside counsel, insurers, and other stakeholders
- A minimum of 4 years of paralegal experience in either a defense firm or insurance company highly preferred
- B.A./B.S. required
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both on a team and independently
- Technical know-how with at least an intermediate level of computer skills, including a working knowledge of Google suite, Excel, Word, Adobe, Box, Relativity and other web-based applications
- Experience working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to help out wherever needed
- E-Discovery and mass document production experience
- Salesforce or other CRM/database experience
- Data querying and SQL skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber